Features of C language
- It is a robust language with rich set of built-in functions and operators that can be used to write any complex program.
- The C compiler combines the capabilities of an assembly language with features of a high-level language.
- Programs Written in C are efficient and fast. This is due to its variety of data type and powerful operators.
- It is many time faster than BASIC.
- C is highly portable this means that programs once written can be run on another machines with little or no modification.
- Another important feature of C program, is its ability to extend itself.
- A C program is basically a collection of functions that are supported by C library. We can also create our own function and add it to C library.
- C language is the most widely used language in operating systems and embedded system development today.
C Language is an amazing language when it comes to simplicity of syntax with decent functionality. It is a perfect mix of both, which makes it the best contender to be taught to students who have just started learning coding, to introduce them into the programming world.